Do you find it difficult to keep track of your cleaning chores? Have you felt that you do not know where to begin cleaning from? Do you end up forgetting to clean certain parts of your home while cleaning? Then a cleaning checklist is what you need. A cleaning checklist essentially lists out all the cleaning tasks that you need to perform. It will help you keep track of all the cleaning activities that you need to do and finish the cleaning in time.
What Are The Uses Of Creating A Cleaning Checklist?
- A house cleaning checklist helps you to be organized. You can be on top of all tasks and always keep your house clean.
- You can include your family in cleaning. You can allot them cleaning tasks along with the checklist to make it easier for them.
- You can teach your children to clean their rooms efficiently with the help of a room cleaning checklist. For example, if you want to teach your child to clean a fridge, you can guide them easily with the help of a checklist.
- You can create a cleaning equipment checklist and to make sure that you have everything you need to keep your house clean.
How many House Cleaning Checklists do you Need?
When it comes to cleaning checklists, you might have a doubt like how many do you need. Well, the number of checklists you need changes according to your need and convenience. You can create a cleaning checklist for every room if you want. You can pin this in each room so that it is easier for you to look at it every time you go in to clean. A checklist will help you to make cleaning easier and simplify the task.
The number of cleaning checklists you need can also depend on your cleaning needs. If you want to clean your home regularly, you can create a checklist for your daily chores, deep cleaning, and for speed cleaning. These checklists can be used as you need them.
How To Create A House Cleaning Checklist?
Divide Your House Into Different Areas
You can divide and conquer when it comes to cleaning. This is very effective. Divide your house into different areas like bedroom, windows, kitchen, bathrooms, living room, and outdoors. You can create a checklist to tackle the cleaning activities in these areas. You can create a general cleaning checklist for each area and then a deep cleaning checklist for a thorough cleaning. You can use the one you created for regular cleaning always. Whenever you think that a place could use a deep clean, you can make use of your deep cleaning checklist.
Add Decluttering And Organizing Tasks
Decluttering will help you get rid of things that you do not need anymore. Lesser things in the house mean lesser items to clean. It will also help you in staying organized. You can learn to organize your things so that they don’t lie around making cleaning more difficult. Organizing things in each room will help your rooms to be cleaner longer.
Keep A Simple List of Activities
When creating a cleaning template, make the activities simple and easy to follow. You can follow through easily. You can keep a speed cleaning checklist with you to do touch-up cleaning just before the guest arrives. You can also create a checklist for cleaning activities on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis to make it simple to follow.
A Sample House Cleaning Checklist
You can use the checklist given below as a sample to create a cleaning checklist for your need. This is just a basic outline. You can compare this with your cleaning need and make one for yourself.
- Clean The Fan And Light Fixtures
- Remove cobwebs and Insects on walls
- Clean the Walls and Windows
- Dust the doors and clean the knobs
- Organize the things in the room
- Vacuum Carpets and Floors
- Dust the furniture
- Sweep the Floor
- Empty the Trashcans
- Mop the Floor
- Do the dishes in the kitchen
- Clean the Kitchen Countertops
- Clean the Kitchen Floors.
- Wash the Walls of the Bathroom
- Clean the Toilets and Bathtub
- Wash the Bathroom floors
Tips To Make The Best Out Of Cleaning Checklist
- You can allot time for each cleaning task so that you make sure to finish it in the allotted time. This will also help you clean in between other tasks.
- Create a cleaning timetable along with the cleaning checklists.
- Always keep a printed copy of your cleaning checklist somewhere you can find it easily.
- Clean your house at the same time every day if possible. This will help make cleaning your habit.
- Use an app or website with a cleaning template that already exists to make your cleaning checklist. There are many apps for cleaning and organizing that you can use to customize based on your cleaning needs. You can allot tasks for various family members, put reminders and create a cleaning timetable in these apps. These can help you form a cleaning habit.
- Make sure that you clean items top to bottom and not the other way around. Always clean the walls, windows, and ceilings before cleaning the floor. This is a common cleaning mistake that people don’t notice.
- Make sure that you have ready-to-use cleaning solutions to make cleaning easier. Also, you should make sure to replace cleaning items that are not of use anymore.
To Sum Up
You can learn to create a house cleaning checklist for yourself and make cleaning easier and more effective. You can also get your house deep cleaned with the help of professional cleaners at least 3-4 times a year. Professionally cleaning your house will keep your house cleaner for longer and makes daily cleaning easier. This will help you keep your space clean, fresh, and healthy always.